Who We Are
EMpower - The Emerging Markets Foundation is a global philanthropic foundation focused on marginalized youth in emerging market countries.
Your support means more than ever. The most vulnerable and marginalized have been hit hardest by COVID-19.
We partner with local, community-based organizations in 15 EM countries that enable young people’s successful transition into productive, healthy adulthood, developing the next generation of leaders.
Our Underwriters cover our operational costs. That means:
- NO fundraising costs – you don’t pay the salaries of the people who ask you for money
- NO overheads, such as buildings and rent
- NO administration costs, such as finance, HR and our Chief Executive.
So you can be sure that 100% of your donation is spent where it’s needed most.
Learn more about our work on our website.
Stories of Change
Our impact is seen in young people’s personal stories, and in our partners’ organizational growth and development. And, more broadly, we see change in the communities, countries and regions where empowered youth and our partners are making a difference.
What EMpower means to our supporters
EMpower has a community of nearly 10,000 supporters worldwide. A few members of our community told us what EMpower means to them and what it's like visiting our grantee partners.
EMpower's COVID-19 response
EMpower is committed to supporting our grantee partners through and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic:
- EMpower has negotiated more flexible support for 44 grantee partners. This increase in unrestricted funding allows grantees to cover staff salaries and prevent layoffs, move programming online, and purchase essential supplies to distribute.
- EMpower has awarded $75,000 in emergency grants to support our partners that need it most.
- EMpower will continue to honor its financial commitments to grantee partners to strengthen grantees' financial stability.
- EMpower's commitment to sector strengthening and thought leadership has continued in the form of webinars, virtual workshops with grantees, online series on the impact of COVID-19 on girls, and more.